Motorbike Riding in Thailand and hunting for sunrises in Loei

Motorbike Riding in Thailand

For the first time since my motorbike accident I did make a 2 days / 1 night motorbike trip from Khon Kaen first to Phu Thap Boek via route 12 to Chumpae. Actually that is where the traveling begins  .... until the PTT gasoline station just after Chumpae it is a busy not nice road to ride (or drive). So I "had" to go up Phu Thap Boek, just to have a lunch at about 1800m high. It was busy there on the parking & market. But Phu Thap Boek is on the road to full destruction of the once green mountain.... building, building and building of new resorts & restaurants. Just 3 years ago there were only 3 small resorts and 1 restaurant! Now everywhere where you look are shops, restaurants & resorts. Luckily Phu Hin Rong Khla National Park stays like it is. For the lovers of sunsets & sunrises I introduced a label Sunsets And Sunrises showing all postings with photos from sunsets or sunrises.  For more motorbike trip reports in Thailand see MOTORBIKE TRIP REPORTS.

If you are interested to make motorbike trips in Northeast or North Thailand and need some information or help, please feel free to contact me by email at The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand.


So I went down again and went via route 203 to Loei city where I stayed at the King Hotel. Not the best hotel, but cheap, right in town near restaurants and they have private parking. Before entering Loei city I made a quick stop at the view point of my favorite lake of Loei. The next morning I did wake-up very early and did ride bit back to Phu Rua to take the short-cut to Wang Sapung along the mountain range of Phu Luang. It was nice cool and a bit foggy. Not that you saw it but my mirrors & visor did fog up while riding. Day 1 was about 387 km and day 2 about 266 km. Tired but happy back home again. 

Taken along route 203 at about 6:20

Taken along route 203 at about 6:35

Taken along route 3002 at about 7:10