We did travel for a few days to Tub Kaek beach in Krabi, South Thailand. Although I have been almost all over Thailand in the past 30 years, I have never been in Krabi. Somehow I always managed to pass it. Although I have been to Phuket and some the famous islands. Actually it must be more as 10 years ago that I did go more south as Hua Hin. Living in the heart of North-East Thailand we first took an Air Asia flight to Don Muang Airport (Bangkok) and then a Thai Lion Air flight to Krabi Airport. From there we took a taxi to our hotel at Tub Kaek beach. The beach is along a dead-end road and has only 4 resorts and 1 restaurant. And the all beach is a bit upscale in prices. And be aware that there is nothing nearby. No 7/11, no other restaurants, no other hotels, no public transport. But for us that was wisely chosen for exactly that reason. We did stay at
Tub Kaek Sunset Beach Resort, The 3 other resorts are
Amari Vogue (with a great restaurant "Belinni"),
The Tub Kaek Boutique Resort (with our favourite restaurant) and
Anyavee Tub Kaek Beach Resort. Following are more photos and text.