So where to get your bicycle? Well opposite the main entrance gate are many shops that rent bicycles. We did choose K Shop because I come there already since 18 years when I am in Sukhothai. The bicycles are simple and a bit old but they are perfect for the short ride in the park. We made only a 45 min tour passing a few temples that we have seen so many times already. But the ride thru the beautiful park at sunset time is really stunning. Highly recommended to do!
Originally Sukhothai was a Khmer settlement called Sukhodaya (pre 13th century) and mid 13th century Sukhothai was established what is considered to be the beginning of the Thai nation. In the following centuries Sukhothai was expanded and ruled by different dynasties, hence the different architectural designs.
If you want to make bigger bicycle tours in Sukhothai have a look at the original and best Cycling Sukhothai Bicycle Tour Thailand by Mem & Ronny or Sukhothai Bicycle Tour Thailand by Jeap & Meauw. I know both tour companies and both owners are long time friends of mine. Both are highly recommended.
If you want to make bigger bicycle tours in Sukhothai have a look at the original and best Cycling Sukhothai Bicycle Tour Thailand by Mem & Ronny or Sukhothai Bicycle Tour Thailand by Jeap & Meauw. I know both tour companies and both owners are long time friends of mine. Both are highly recommended.


