A few days in Hanoi, Vietnam

Traveling in Vietnam

When I was back again in Hanoi for 4 days my arrival was a kind of extra-ordinary flashback from the first time I arrived in Hanoi in 1995. When I arrived in the evening at Hanoi Airport it was busy as the TET festival (Vietnamese New Year) was about to start. It was a little hassle to find a taxi-driver and he took the old way to Hanoi downtown and he used the old bridge to cross the Red River. And that triggered a flashback, it did feel like I was back in 1995. Driving over the bridge, the busy streets, the little lights. I felt like in a twilight-zone. And it scared me because it felt like I was coming home. But Hanoi is not my home!

The next day I did visit the Museum of Ethnology where you can see the origin of the cultural society of Vietnam. Highly recommended to visit! Following are a few photos I made while in Hanoi. If you want to travel in Vietnam and need information or help about your transport, itinerary, tours or accommodation then feel free to send me a email at The Little Elephant Traveling in Vietnam.

Museum of ethnology in Hanoi, Vietnam
Museum of ethnology in Hanoi, Vietnam

Museum of ethnology in Hanoi, Vietnam
Museum of ethnology in Hanoi, Vietnam

Museum of ethnology in Hanoi, Vietnam
Museum of ethnology in Hanoi, Vietnam

Museum of ethnology in Hanoi, Vietnam
Museum of ethnology in Hanoi, Vietnam

Temple along the West Lake in Hanoi, Vietnam
Temple along the West Lake in Hanoi, Vietnam

Comments