Flying from Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok

Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok

In August 2022 I did fly again from Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok. Due the corona crisis I had not been on Suvarnabhumi Airport for a long time. Luckily it was not busy at the airport and checkin, immigration and customs went smooth and within 1 hour I was at the boarding gate. But as usual at airports the food is expensive so I was happy I a good breakfast in the morning. Although at the moment in Thailand wearing a face-mask is not compulsory it is recommended to wear a face-mask. That means wearing a face-mask at the airport and in the airplane. Funny thing to see was that most Asian people were wearing a face-mask but that most Western people were not wearing a face-maks. 

My flight with EVA Airways, back to the old continent, was smooth and even arrival at Schiphol Airport (Amsterdam) was smooth. The latter was actually surprising as currently it is a chaos at Schiphol Airport. Again within 1 hour I was thru immigration, picked up my luggage and went thru customs. Within 1 hour I was in a comfortable train transporting me to my destination. The difference here was that nobody is wearing a face-mask anymore.

This Travelogue follows my traveling in Thailand (and beyond) with in between information that might help you when traveling in Thailand. If you are interested to visit Bangkok or any other place in Thailand, please contact me by email at The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand.

Entrance gate 9 at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok.
Entrance gate 9 at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok.

At the Entrance gate at Suvarnabhumi Airport
At the Entrance gate at Suvarnabhumi Airport 

International Departure Hall at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok
International Departure Hall at Suvarnabhumi Airport

At the gate in Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok
At the gate in Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok


Comments