I love to see Mekong River, so when I made a tour of duty in December 2022 of course I suggested to travel partly along the Mekong River. So following are some photos of the Mekong River. Photo above was take in the early morning in the area of Huai Sai. For a stretch of about 10 to 20 km there is made a concrete & stone river wall. And a beautiful walking promenade. Now mind you, there are no villages and the road is about 50m away paralel of this walking promenade. And there are no connections between this walking promenade and the road. How I did get there? I parked along the road, walked thru dirt & jungle. Mind boggling. At the photo directly below you see the road, the jungle, the walking promenade and the Mekong River. Following are a few more photos.
This travelogue follows my traveling in Thailand (and beyond) with in between information that might help you when traveling in Thailand. If you are interested to visit North Thailand or any other place in Thailand and need some information then feel free to contact me by email at
The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand.
 |
| Sunrise along the Mekong River |
 |
| Overlooking the Mekong River |
 |
| Overlooking the Mekong River |
 |
| Overlooking the Mekong River |
 |
| Boats in Chiang Khong |
Comments