Traveling in Southeast Asia in 1991

Probably Chaweng beach on Koh Samui, Thailand in 1991

People ask me sometimes "How did you get in Thailand?" and I answer is always "By airplane". But in reality it was a bit more complex, so I did write some postings about that. My first encounter with Southeast Asia was in 1985 and in 1991 I did return to Southeast Asia for a 3 weeks holiday to travel from Bangkok to Singapore by train. On the way we stopped a few times like at Koh Samui, Hat Yai, Phuket, Penang and KL. Koh Samuit was paradise as life was meant to be at "Fair House Hotel". With in those days only 5 wooden bungalows on the beach. In the following years we made a few summer holiday trips to Phuket and Koh Samui. Most times just for 10 days or 2 weeks. It would take 7 years before we made again a long trip all over Southeast Asia. In the meantime I was totally hooked to Southeast Asia. It did feel like "Home sweet home". Following are some old photos I made while traveling in 1991. If you are interested to visit Bangkok or any other place in Thailand, please contact me by email at1 The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand.

Streetlife of China town, Bangkok in 1991
China Town (Bangkok)

View over the Chao Phraya River in 1991
View from "River View GH" (Bangkok)

View over the Chao Phraya River in 1991
The pier near "River View GH" (Bangkok)

Street in Bangkok in 1991
Street in Bangkok in 1991

Kata Noi beach, Phuket, Thailand in 1991
I think Kata Noi beach (Phuket)

Our taxi waiting for us in Phuket town in 1991
Our taxi in Phuket town

Sunset at Phi Phi Don, Thailand in 1991
Sunset at Phi-Phi Don I think