While driving to Pua on route 101 we are always passing a beautiful temple. And I always think "I would love to have a look". So today I did have a look. This little temple at Ban Na Wong is of course called Wat Na Wong and it is new temple but build in beautiful traditional style. And the building with wood-work have been done very nice. Beautiful decorated in dark red / black and gold decorations. While inside big wooden pillars and a traditional old roof can be seen. And in front is beautiful crafted dragon to protect the temple. Following are some photo I took, click on the photo to enlarge.
This little beauty can be found right along route 101, about 10 km south of Pua town. This temple can be visited daily from 8:00 to 17:00 and entrance is free. For more information about Nan province have a look at
Destination Travel Guide Nan. If you like to experience the slow life & culture of Pua in Nan province, then come and stay a few days at
Non Na Pua Boutique Homestay.
 |
| Front of the Wat Na Wong |
 |
| Front of the Wat Na Wong |
 |
| Front of the Wat Na Wong |
 |
| Dragon at the entrance of the Wat Na Wong |
 |
| Dragon at the entrance of the Wat Na Wong |
 |
| Interior of the Wat Na Wong |
 |
| Interior of the Wat Na Wong |