Motorbike Riding in Thailand from Pua to Ban Rom Klao

Motorbike Riding Thailand by Traveling 2 Thailand

Motorbike trip 2018 from Pua to Ban Rom Klao. I left home in the early morning when the sun was still trying to get over the mountains of Doi Phu Kha National Park. It would be a one day trip with destination Ban Rom Klao, almost along the Thai - Lao border. From Pua there are 2 routes to go to the direction of Mae Charim, but along 1081 and near Santisuk are shitty road constructions going on so I did choose route 101 to Nan town where I had a delicious breakfast at Hot Bread. The 2 lovely ladies know my preference for breakfast, 2 slices home-made brown bread with butter & honey. And earl-grey tea. After breakfast I took a short-cut route to Mae Charim. That short-cut route was actually a longer way around as I planned as I missed a intersection. Never mind it was a nice route. And until about 10:00am it was still cool in the mountains. While riding there you will pass & cross the Wa River. Route 1259 is a dead-end to Ban Rom Klao in the mountains of Mae Charim, bordering Laos. Great route to heights of almost 1.000m, but unfortunately a part of 10 km is under road construction. Luckily not too bad, but about 5 km riding behind 2 big trucks and having 1 big truck behind me was not fun. The village is not much more as group of wooden hill-tribe houses in a big valley surrounded by mountains. For more information about Nan province see Destination Travel Guide Nan. If you are interested to make motorbike trips in Northeast or North Thailand and need some information or help, please contact me by email at The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand.

The way back I took route 1168, longer but easier to ride. In Mae Charim I had a bikers lunch at the 7-11. By this time it did become warm but when riding into Nan valley it was like riding into a oven. Along the road were many small bush fires between the teak plantations, but nobody seems to care. Total distance today 297 km.

Update March 2022 : I did just make another trip to Ban Rom Klao and see that I made some photo's at the same place. Nothing changed! Click on the label Ban Rom Klao to see the newest posting.

Motorbike Riding Thailand by Traveling 2 Thailand
Route 1259 to Ban Rom Klao

Motorbike Riding Thailand by Traveling 2 Thailand
Route 1259 to Ban Rom Klao

Motorbike Riding Thailand by Traveling 2 Thailand