Planting rice again in Pua

Destination Travel Guide Nan, Thailand

All around us the local farmers are working in the rice paddies and I am very happy I am not a farmer. First they plant rice on dry soil and they grow that for about 1 month. Then they pull the small rice plants out the soil and make small bundles of it. In the meanwhile another rice paddy has been prepared and flooded with water. They then trow the bundles of rice plants into the water in a way that they are spread all over the rice paddy. Then they walk into the rice paddy and start planting the rice again in the new rice paddy. Wow so much work for such a low price of rice per kg! And I just realised that 99% of the people who do the planting are women. If you like to experience the slow life & culture of Pua in Nan province, then come and stay a few days at Non Na Pua Homestay.

Comments