Although I have already a serie about Thai Food in general and although Thai food is Typically Thai I hereby introduce a new serie What did I eat today? Because many people ask me what I am eating after living in Thailand for more as 15 years. Well first of all I still not eat and never will eat spicy food. My taste buds are just not made for it. And I want my food to be dead but not too long dead. So that limits my Thai food. For breakfast I most times still eat western style, musli with yoghurt or bread. But for lunch or dinner I eat almost always Thai food. Following my What Did I Eat Today you might have some inspiration about what to eat in Thailand. Or just show people in a restaurant my photos.
So what did I eat?
Well yesterday I did eat Phat Thai for lunch. Also written as Pad Thai or Pat Thai. It is a famous Thai street-food dish and popular with tourists. So yes I have been eating Phat Thai since I came to Thailand for the first time. And while living in Bangkok it was an almost daily part of my food. I still remember the food-stall on Soi Foodland at Sukhumvit road. You had to stand in line to order your food. And now living in Pua we did find a shop selling a good Phat Thai. It is indeed a small street food-stall with 3 small tables. And they only serve Phat Thai. Not on such a nice dish as you see in the photo above as this one was home delivered by the local FoodMan (what was actually a lady). I order my Phat Thai as "mai sai prik" (without chillies) as normally this dish can be spicy. It was served with a slice of lemon and spring onion. And normally in a restaurant you can add chilli powder, sugar, fish sauce or vinegar.Costs : 40 Thai baht + delivery cost 19 Thai baht. (from a restaurant and delivered by FoodMan)
What is Phat Thai?
Phat Thai is a stir-fried rice noodle dish with tofu, peanuts, scrambled egg, bean sprouts, small dried shrimp, fish sauce, garlic and choice of pork, chicken, shrimp. And of course chillies. Phat Thai is an originally Chinese fried-noodle dish that in the 1930s was re-invented the Thai way to boost Thai nationality.This travelogue follows my traveling in Thailand (and beyond) with in between information that might help you when traveling in Thailand. If you are interested to visit Thailand and need some information or help then feel free to contact me by email at The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand.

Comments