Although I have already a serie about Thai Food in general and although Thai food is Typically Thai I hereby introduce a new serie What did I eat today? Because many people ask me what I am eating after living in Thailand for more as 15 years. Well first of all I still not eat and never will eat spicy food. My taste buds are just not made for it. And I want my food to be dead but not too long dead. So that limits my Thai food. For breakfast I most times still eat western style, musli with yoghurt or bread. But for lunch or dinner I eat almost always Thai food. Following my What Did I Eat Today you might have some inspiration about what to eat in Thailand. Or just show people in a restaurant my photos.
So what did I eat?
Yesterday I did eat home made Phad Krapow Mu sai Khai Dao, stir-fried holy basil with minced pork served with a fried egg and rice. The main ingredients are of course holy basil, pork, garlic en a bit of chili. I prefer it mixed with asparagus beans, but that was not available yesterday. Phad Krapow can be served with pork or minced pork. Or with chicken or even seafood. I sometimes make a fusion version and instead of rice I use spaghetti. Phad Krapow is a typically a 1 dish food served in restaurants for lunch or dinner and it is one of my favourite Thai food dishes. Be aware that normally this dish is very spicy with a lot of chillies. But I always order "mai sai prik" (without chillies).
Costs : depending on the size & quality and place where you eat it between 30 ฿ and 60 ฿. (in a restaurant).
This travelogue follows my traveling in Thailand (and beyond) with in between information that might help you when traveling in Thailand. If you are interested to visit Thailand and need some information or help then feel free to contact me by email at The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand.

Comments