Although it is April, the hottest month in Thailand, the mornings are still acceptable cool for motorbike riding. So I left a bit late at 6:00am for a ride from our home in Pua via route 1256 to Viewpoint 1715, right along route 1256 and at said to be 1715m above sea-level (although a few years ago it was still 1669m above sea-level). It is only 31 km from our house and a great place to watch sunrise over the mountains of Doi Phu Kha, although of course leaving at 6:00am I was a bit too late for the real sunrise. Still always a lovely place and off-season I was totally alone there. On the way back I made a stop at Lan Doo Dao, also a viewpoint & camping ground. And there is a nice coffee shop that always opens early where I enjoyed a nice hot herb tea, served by the lovely girls from a local Hmong village. If you like to experience the slow life & culture of Pua in Nan province, then come and stay a few days at
Non Na Pua Homestay and join me for an early morning walk. If you are interested to visit Chiang Rai or any other place in Northeast or North Thailand, please contact me by email at
The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand.
Comments