Motorbike Riding in Thailand from Pua to Ban Sawang

Motorbike Riding Thailand

End February 2022 as being one of the last days of the cool season with still a cool morning it was time for a ride to Ban Sawang in Mae Charim district. So me and my Kawasaki Z250 left a bit before 6:00am when it was still more or less dark and cool with 15℃. Actually once riding it was cold! And near Santisuk it was still very foggy. From Pua I first took route 1083 & 1169 to Santisuk and then route 1225 & 1168 to Mae Charim where I had a hot choco and a snack at the 7-11. A bit after Mae Charim route 1168 goes to the left to Ban Nam Phang where you will be crossing the Wa River. A bit after Ban Nam Phang there is an intersection with route 1259 to the right to Ban Rom Klao .... and I could not resist and make a 25 km go and 24 km back detour to Ban Rom Klao. Photo above is along route 1225 from Santisuk to Mae Charim. If you are interested to make motorbike trips in Northeast or North Thailand and need some information or help, please contact me by email at The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand. If you are looking for what routes the ride have a look at Recommended Routes to Ride or Drive.

After that I followed route 1168 again to Ban Nam Pun and Ban Nam Tuang. And from there to Ban Sawang what is really the end of route 1168. With off-road motorbike you could probably still go further in the direction of the Thai-Lao border.

No loop to ride this time, so back it was. Then I saw that I actually not had much gasoline anymore and the next main village would be 40 km! Luckily there was a village after 25 km where they had a coin-operated gasoline-station. Good for 2 liter gasoline that would bring me back to Mae Charim. My motorbike has a 17 liter tank and that can bring me about 300 to 350 km far. So I not look too much to the gasoline but I should have done that when start riding.

Just before Mae Charim is a nice coffee shop & restaurant Tong Loung Cafe where I had a big glass of water, a hot choco and a fresh made Khao Phad (fried rice). I really love this place with nice view, friendly staff and good food! By this time it was getting hot and I was getting tired. But still had to ride 75 km back home. So I made another rest stop a bit after Santisuk where is another great coffee shop Innbox Cafe. Besides hot & cold drinks they also serve cakes and small snack food.


Motorbike Riding Thailand
Sunrise over a village along route 1225

Motorbike Riding Thailand
Route 1225

Motorbike Riding Thailand
View along route 1168

Motorbike Riding Thailand
Route 1168

Motorbike Riding Thailand
Route 1168

Motorbike Riding Thailand
Route 1168 at Ban Nam Phang

Motorbike Riding Thailand
Route 1168 at Ban Nam Phang

Motorbike Riding Thailand
Route from  Pua to Ban Sawang

Motorbike Riding Thailand
Side-trip route to Ban Rom Klao


Comments