Motorbike Riding in Thailand from Phayao to Pua

Motorbike Riding Thailand

I was riding my Kawasaki Z250 and made a 3 days motorbike trip, this is about last day from Phayao back to home sweet home in Pua. I left Phayao when it was still dark and the first 50 km or so is a bit boring. Then you start to get into the mountains with route 1091. In Chiang Muan I stopped at the PTT Gasoline station for a breakfast at Amazon and then when riding out of Chiang Muan I saw a temple on a mountain nearby. I could not stop myself and did visit the Wat Phrathat Phu Por. It is a good and bit steep cement road up to the parking at the temple. From here you have a stunning view over the valley of the Yom River, although it would be even better if the air was not so polluted with smoke.

After Chiang Muan route 1091 goes into the mountains again and the route is great for motorbike riding with curve after curve after curve. And stunning vista's over the mountains, especially now that after all the rain everything is still green. But be aware that somewhere about 20 km before Nan there is a stretch of 10 km road construction going on. And here I almost lost control of my motorbike, OK maybe I was going a bit to fast with 70 km/h but when I did hit the gravel road I realised too late that the road was wet and that it was not gravel but red clay. So both my front wheel and rear wheel wobbled left & right. Luckily I did not brake but just slowed down! So the next 3 km was slow, very slow and a tight grip on the handle-bar. After that I needed to make a short stop to relax and say some nasty words about spraying roads in Thailand. I would really rather ride in the dust as slipping of the road. Not to mention the red clay is now all over my motorbike!

Photo above was taken at the Wat Phratat Phu Por and in one of my my next postings I will show more photos of this temple where I think are at least few hundred buddha images. Once in Nan I took route 101 to Pua, but that is a boring & busy road. Actually better take route 1169 to Santisuk and then route 1081 to Pua. 

If you are interested to make motorbike trips in Northeast or North Thailand and need some information or help, please contact me by email at The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand. If you are looking for what routes the ride have a look at Recommended Routes to Ride or Drive.

Motorbike Riding Thailand
Route from Phayao to Pua (207 km)

Comments