What did I eat today? Tom Jud

Tom Jud or Kang Jeud Woon Sen

Although I have already a serie about Thai Food in general and although Thai food is Typically Thai I hereby introduce a new serie What did I eat today? Because many people ask me what I am eating after living in Thailand for more as 15 years. Well first of all I still not eat and never will eat spicy food. My taste buds are just not made for it. And I want my food to be dead but not too long dead. So that limits my Thai food. For breakfast I most times still eat western style, musli with yoghurt or bread. But for lunch or dinner I eat almost always Thai food. The photo above is not mine, I did borrow it from Lets Cook Some Food who did write a nice posting about making Kang Jeud Woon Sen. Following my What Did I Eat Today you might have some inspiration about what to eat in Thailand. Or just show people in a restaurant my photos.

So what did I eat? 

Yesterday I did eat Tom Jud, a clear glass noodle soup with chicken/pork meatballs, vegetables and egg tofu. The soup is very nutritious and good to eat have you have some digestions problems. What is exactly in it depends on who makes it, there are many variations on this dish.

Costs : 20 baht (bought at the village market)

About the name : This dish has a few different names, depending on the part of Thailand and depending on what is in the soup. And in English the translation from Thai is also sometimes a bit different. So it could also be written as Tom Jeud and in central Thailand people could use the name Kang Jeud Woon Sen.


This travelogue follows my traveling in Thailand (and beyond) with in between information that might help you when traveling in Thailand. If you are interested to visit Thailand and need some information or help then feel free to contact me by email at The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand.


Comments