Sunset ride at the mountains of Doi Phu Kha in Pua

A hole in the sunset sky over Doi Phu Kha in Pua, North Thailand

In the late afternoon of June 2022 the sky was so beautiful that I jumped on my motorbike and made a short ride up-to the mountains of Doi Phu Kha. From Pua I did ride of course again route 1256 in direction of Bo Klua. The beginning was stunning with bright sky, sunshine and some clouds. I could look very far. But going higher in the mountains it was getting colder en colder. And darker. That could only mean one thing : RAIN! And as I not like riding in the rain I made a u-turn at Lan Du Dao Viewpoint and did ride back to Pua. And when riding back there were a few stunning sunset moments. And as I know I love sunsets (sunrises) so here are a few photos I made with my telephone. Photo above was amazing. I considered to cut the electric cables but then an all village would be without electric. Photo below where route 1256 seems to be floating in the sky. The road is on the ridge of a mountain, left & right a beautiful view over a valley. The last photo was in Pua itself, from a point where you see the sun going down over Pua town. Come and enjoy the slow life of Pua at Non Na Pua Homestay. If you are planning to travel in Thailand and need help with planning then send me a email at The Little Elephant in Thailand.

Route 1256 from Pua to Bo Klua in North Thailand
Route 1256 from Pua to Bo Klua

Sunset over Pua town in North Thailand
Sunset over Pua town


Comments