Photo above has nothing to do with the following step by step travel tip about how to travel with the Red Line to Don Muang Airport. I made this photo at Central Param 9 Shopping Mall. I had been in Bangkok and I was tired of the noise and the jungle of cement, so it was time to go back to the mountains of Nan province in North Thailand. Of course it is a bit in reverse of traveling with the Red Line from Don Muang Airport to Bangkok downtown. But little bit different, follow me.
I took again the MRT Blue Line from MRT station Sukhumvit to MRT station Bang Sue. So easy to do so I skipped that in my step by step travel tips. So when you arrive at MRT station Bang Sue just start following the signs for Bang Sue Grand Station and the signs Red Line. But almost at the end it becomes a bit unclear.
Since Jan 2023 the name Bang Sue Grand Station is replaced by Krung Thep Aphiwat Central Terminal, although it is not sure yet (TIT) if this name will also be use for the MRT station and the Red Line station.
And there is another thing, I had to wait 20 min for the train to bring me to SRT Red Line station Don Muang. And I was already a bit late so once at SRT Red Line station Don Muang I had no time to make more photo. But there are clear signs to the SkyWalk to Don Muang Airport. And from there to de Domestic Departure hall. Watch out you have to go one (1) floor up to the 3th floor. Or 1 floor down for the Arrival Hall.
 |
| At the exit of the MRT station of Bang Sue |
 |
| At the exit of the MRT station of Bang Sue |
 |
| Connecting MRT station Bang Sue with SRT station Bang Sue Grand Station |
 |
| Look careful, here you have to take the escalators |
Walking the long tunnel connecting the MRT station Bang Sue and SRT station Bang Sue Grand Station there are signs with the text "Building Entrance". I did not understand that the building is Bang Sue Grand Station. So continued to walk until te end but then I saw again signs MRT Blue Line. Weird?! So I asked and was talk to walk back and take the escalators!
 |
| Go left to the escalators! |
 |
| Entrance gates to Red Line Commuter train |
No when going up be careful to go to the correct platform as there is also a Red Line Commuter train going to Talang Chaling. For Don Muang you will have to take the Red Line in direction of Rangsit!
 |
| Take escalators to platform 3 |
 |
| Waiting at platform 3 |
 |
| Waiting at platform 3 |
 |
| Escalators to platform 3 |
Comments