I love to make a motorbike ride in the mountains and this time I made a ride to Manipruek in the mountains of Doi Phu Kha in the northern part of Nan province in North Thailand. Manipruek is actually a combination of serval mountain village where Hmong & Tai Lue are living. High in the mountains and with limited access are the valley's of Manipruek, originally home to poppy-field plantations but nowadays home to vegetable plantations. This ride I made in the cool season of December 2022. And cool it was, or actually cold. I did ride up to the ridge of the mountains where a handful of wooden house form a small village. I had a hot coco at Phu Vae View Home, a lovely coffee shop and homestay (with 2 comfortable rooms). From here you have a stunning view over the mountains with in a short distance Laos. If you like walking there are some nice walking trails here and the viewpoint Doi Pha Pueng.
This travelogue follows my traveling in Thailand (and beyond) with in between information that might help you when traveling in Thailand. If you are interested to visit any place in Thailand and need some information then feel free to contact me by email at The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand. I can also help you making a great tailor-made holiday in Thailand.

Comments