Photo above I did find on internet and is supposed to be a drawing of the old city of Nan. I write "supposed" because I have never read about any evidence of the things I see on this drawing. Never the less it is a beautiful drawing. Click on the image to enlarge.
On the other hand I did learn something about Nan town. Nowadays there is indeed a road that seems to be build on dyke. But that was nog a dyke, that was an earth city wall. And it is said that the old house build along this street are build on-top of remains of a kind of city wall that was on-top of the earth-wall. The latter seems unlikely to me (as that was not standard practice).
This travelogue follows my traveling in Thailand (and beyond) with in between information that might help you when traveling in Thailand. For a personal touch of help or for creating your own personal tailor-made holiday together with a local travel specialist, feel free to send an email to Your Personal Travel Butler The Little Elephant (free of charge).

Comments