Motorbike Riding in Thailand from Pua to Na Noi

Route 1225 in Nan province, North Thailand

I made my first motorbike ride of the year, just a 2 day trip in Nan province (North Thailand) from Pua to Na Noi. Well and back of course. I first took route 1081 going south of Pua in direction of Santisuk and made a short detour into the mountains of Doi Phu Kha for a nice sunrise view over the valley of Santisuk. Then continued with route 1169 to Santisuk. And then begins route 1225 as a beautiful route to totally bypass Nan town while going south. It is all the way a great route with good road surface, curves, stunning view, small villages and almost no traffic. I love this route. Route 1225 ends at route 1168 that goes all the way to Mae Charim where it changes into route 1243. I made a short side-trip to Mae Charim National Park, free entrance as it was Wan Dek (children day). I love riding my Kawasaki Z250.

Route 1243 actually goes all the way to Bo Bia in Uttaradit province and I wanted to make a short trip. So at the village Ban Nam Muap I took route 1162 to Wiang Sa and route 1026 to Na Noi. And from there I made a short side-track with route 1083 to Doi Sammer Dao. And as you can see on the photos of the route I took I was now not far anymore from where I took route 1162 to Wiang Sa. 

It was a lovely first day riding, highly recommended route in Nan province if you like sight-seeing. The next day I took route 1026 back to Wiang Sa and route 101 to Nan where I did visit the famous Wat Khao Noi before taking route 101 again back to Pua. Following are some photos I took, click on the photo to enlarge.

This travelogue follows my traveling in Thailand (and beyond) with in between information that might help you when traveling in Thailand. If you are interested to visit North Thailand or any other place in Thailand and need some information then feel free to contact me by email at The Little Elephant Traveling in Thailand. For more information about Na Noi have a look at Travel Tips about Na Noi. If you are looking for what routes the ride have a look at Recommended Routes to Ride or Drive.

If you like to stay in Pua and explore the mountains of Doi Phu Kha then have a look at Non Na Pua Boutique Homestay, a private 1 bungalow homestay between the rice fields of Pua.

View over Santisuk valley in Nan province, North Thailand
View over Santisuk valley in Nan province

Route 1225 in Nan province, North Thailand
Route 1225 in Nan province

Route 1225 in Nan province, North Thailand
Route 1225 in Nan province

The Wa River at Mae Charim National Park in Nan province, North Thailand
The Wa River at Mae Charim National Park

The Wa River at Mae Charim National Park in Nan province, North Thailand
The Wa River at Mae Charim National Park

The Wa River at Mae Charim National Park in Nan province, North Thailand
The Wa River at Mae Charim National Park

Motorbike Riding in Nan province, North Thailand
Where to go?

Sri Nan National Park Viewpoint in Nan province, North Thailand
Sri Nan National Park Viewpoint

Doi Sammer Dao in Nan province, North Thailand
Doi Sammer Dao Viewpoint

Sunrise at Sri Nan National Park Viewpoint in Nan province, North Thailand
Sunrise at Sri Nan Viewpoint

Sunrise in Na Noi Valley in Nan province, North Thailand
Sunrise in Na Noi valley

Sunrise in Na Noi Valley in Nan province, North Thailand
Sunrise in Na Noi valley

Coffee Shop near Wiang Sa in Nan province, North Thailand
Coffee Shop near Wiang Sa

Wat Phra That Khao Noi in Nan province, North Thailand
Wat Phra That Khao Noi at Nan

Route Day 1 from Pua to Na Noi

Route Day 2 from Na Noi to Pua



Comments